Last updated: 10/23/18
Information Collected Automatically
Like most websites, we automatically collect certain information during your visit to our Site. We currently use Google Analytics to perform web measurement and analytics. The information it collects may be used for things such as compiling statistics about our Site and measuring Site activity so that we may update the Site to better meet users’ needs and interests. Get more information about how Google may use data it collects through the Site, or learn how to opt out of Google Analytics data collection.
Information that may be collected by automated means includes:
- Date and time you visited our Site
- Pages you visited while on our Site
- If you navigated to our Site by clicking a link and the location of that link
- The Internet Service Provider you used to connect to our Site
- The Internet Protocol address from which you accessed our Site
- The browser you used to visit our Site
- The operating system you used to visit our Site
- The type of handheld or mobile device you used to view our Site
- Location information
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, our Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. Learn more about “Do Not Track” signals.
We use “cookies” to store your preferences and other information on your computer in order to save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information. A cookie is a text file that is placed in your computer or device to store your preferences. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser setting to decline cookies, if you so choose. If you do decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features on this Site. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. Learn more about cookies.
In addition, we may use automatically-collected information to track your activity over time and across websites, as well as across different devices you use to access the Internet.
Personal Information Collection and Use
We may collect personal information from you when you voluntarily provide it on the Site while filling out a form, submitting a question or signing up for one of our programs or online services. Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy. Some other ways in which you may submit information to us include:
- Emails you send to us — If you send us an email, you may be sending us personal information (e.g., name, address, phone number, email address, etc.). We may use this information to respond to the request or otherwise resolve the subject matter of your email or request.
Some other types of uses for personal information provided to us include:
- Verify and/or authenticate a registered user’s identity;
- Personalize and improve your online experience;
- Provide you with offers tailored to your interests and past activities on the Site, including sponsored ads on other websites and social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities of visitors and users;
- Improve the Site, our marketing, and other products or services we may offer;
- Contact you regarding your use of the Site or, in our discretion, changes to our policies;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal processes as well as industry standards and our internal policies;
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
We will store the information you share with us in a manner that complies with applicable data privacy laws. Our online credit card transactions are conducted using a third-party payment processor who is required to meet Payment Card Industry security standards.
To review or request changes to any of the personal information you submit, contact us.
How We May Share Your Information
Although we will not sell your information, we may share the personal information we collect through our Site with our employees, agents, vendors, consultants, contractors, and other service providers and affiliated organizations that need the information to carry out work on our behalf. These third parties use the personal information to which they have access to fulfill the purposes for which we shared that information.
We may anonymize, aggregate and de-identify the data that we collect and use such anonymized, aggregated and de-identified data for our own internal business purposes, including sharing it with vendors, consultants and other third parties for commercial, statistical, and market research purposes; for example to allow those parties to analyze patterns among groups of people, and conduct research on demographics, interests and behavior.
We also may share your information:
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as in response to a subpoena or court order or similar government request for information);
- To respond to requests by government agencies, including law enforcement authorities;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- To enforce our policies, or to protect legal rights, property, or safety;
With third parties, to investigate or address possible criminal or fraudulent activity; or
- In the event of a joint venture, partnership, or other collaboration with another organization.
Please note that we are public agencies subject to the Nevada Public Records Act and other applicable state or federal laws. Information submitted through this Site may be subject to disclosure if a public records request is made. We respond to requests within the parameters of those laws.
Links to Third Party Sites
We use appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect the personal information you share with us. It is important that you protect your password and other personal information to prevent unauthorized individuals from using it online. Although we attempt to maintain the security of this Site and the information you provide to us, please be aware that no security system is completely impenetrable. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
We make every effort to provide the most timely, accurate information. However, technical difficulties or human error may occur. We caution you to check or verify facts you use to make decisions that affect public safety, personal finances or business finances. The information on this Site is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. You are responsible for any conclusions or actions you undertake as a result of the information on this Site.
This Site is not intended for, nor targeted to, children under age 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children under age 13. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of age 13, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
Information for Users Outside the United States
Changes to This Policy
Public Information Division
1001 S. Valley View Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89153